Packaging, Labeling & Product Design
Just like every other Pax pod I’ve purchased, this Level Remedy pod is packaged in the same way: a small, recyclable, white box with a minimalistic design. This one has a tamper-proof sticker that keeps the box closed. Level used their “branding space” at the bottom of the box wisely, featuring bright, neon green colors to command my attention and stand out from the other Pax pods on the shelf. Inside the box, there is child-proof, hard plastic holder with a window, keeping your pod safe and easily viewed.
Maximizing the available box space, Level provided a date for when it was made, packaged, and when it expires. They also list percentages of the major cannabinoids (THC 24.5%, CBD 64.7%, THCA ND, CBDa 0.33%, CBG 2.49%, and CBN 0.55%. It also says “Blue Dream” on the back. I’ve never come across the Blue Dream strain that’s rich in CBD, but I’m assuming those are just the cannabis-derived terps they’ve introduced into the oil. They’ve labeled that their cannabis was harvested by Sunkissed Farms with a note on what effects to expect: “A mild high, helps ease pain and promotes rest.”
Although there is a batch number, there’s no sign or source of lab testing for harmful contaminants. There isn’t a list of ingredients or any indication of the extraction method. Aside from those missing Items, a profile of the major terpenes involved would be nice to see. Since this company takes such deliberate steps to honor the integrity of its terpenes, they know what aromatic oils can be found in this cartridge.
Quality, Ease of Use
While I don’t love plastic cartridges, these Pax pods are made with food-grade plastic and utilize a dual wick and dual airflow – they’re of exceptional quality. Leak resistant, the Remedy 3:1 CBD:THC cartridge is able to maintain its temperature with precision, down to the single degree!
I do enjoy the taste, but it tastes nothing like Blue Dream (the strain they have labeled). I would say it has more of a skunky, sweet n’ sour taste. That sweet n’ sour note is pretty familiar in the case of CBD-rich strains like ACDC or Sour Tsunami.
This oil works really well set on a low temperature; you’ll get a minimal cloud and a smooth hit. If you amp it to a mid-range temp, you may find it to be a little harsh – but you’ll be rewarded with a thick cloud of vapor. Inside the cartridge, the oil is completely see-through and amber in color. I notice that the oil is fairly thick from the air bubble caught in it – I’m happy.
Because it’s a Pax pod, this Level cartridge is incredibly easy to use when you have the Pax Era battery. You just pop it in the top. If you don’t have the proprietary battery, it’ll be pretty hard to puff on this.
Potency, Effectiveness, Affordability
This Remedy 3:1 hit me right off of the bat! The box says this product promotes rest, so I tried this baby out while getting ready for bed after a long day. I melted right into my mattress. I was initially having some trouble digesting my dinner, but the high CBD content settled my rumbling gut in no time. The THC hit me too, but led to a relaxing vibe without amping me up; I fell asleep with no problems. Level is always exacting their scientific blends of distilled cannabis and steam distilled cannabis terpenoids, so you can be sure the oil will be the same every time. Because it’s in a Pax pod, you can count on consistency there as well – a winning combination!
For roughly $67, this is steep for a half gram of oil. If I bought the same oil housed in the classic 510-threaded cartridge, from the same shop, it would have been $17 cheaper. The Pax is pretty cool, but for me to rationalize spending an extra $17 bucks to use it doesn’t make sense for my budget.
Nugg Score: How the Nugg Team Rates This Product
- A small, white box with a minimalistic design; bonus points for sustainability
- Eye-catching, well-made, and secure packaging.
- I like that Level tells me what to expect: “A mild high, helps ease pain and promotes rest.”
- Solid amount of information with just a few missing elements (no sign or source of testing, no major terpenes involved).
Cartridge Quality: 4.5/5
- Made from plastic, which we usually penalize for, but the food-grade plastic is leak resistant and durable.
- Consistent airflow; organic cotton wicks
- Enjoyable taste, but nothing like the strain they have labeled (Blue Dream).
- Skunky sweet n’ sour taste indicative of CBD-rich strains (think Sour Tsunami or AC/CD).
- I like the smooth flavor, but I was expecting something else.
Vapor Quality: 4/5
- Minimal cloud; oil works the best on a low temperature.
- Harsher hits on mid-range temps but thicker vapor clouds.
- Produces an optimal, smooth draw with no sacrifices in the potency department.
Oil Quality: 5/5
- Excellent oil quality.
- Completely see-through, amber in color.
Ease of Use: 3/5
- Super easy if you have a Pax battery, but impossible to use if you don’t.
- Both powerfully relieving and gentle.
- Offers a mild high for consumers who don’t want to feel a significant head change.
- Level’s commitment to ensuring potency and Pax’s design excellence make for a winning combination!
- At $67 for a half gram of oil, this is not cheap.
- I can get the same oil in a classic 510-threaded cartridge (from the same dispensary) for $17 less.
If it weren’t for the high price tag, I’d be going back to Level’s Remedy 3:1 CBD: THC Pax pod again and again. I’d turn people towards other Level products for budgetary reasons – and the good news is, many of them are of the same high quality and exact same 3:1 CBD:THC oil as the Remedy Pax pod. Overall, this is an excellent choice for those seeking to reduce inflammation and quiet generalized or acute anxiety.
If Level’s Remedy 3:1 Pax Pod sounds enticing, click here and enter your address to find out if Nugg Club can deliver to your doorstep!