Packaging, Labeling & Product Design
Before I open the box, my expectations are set by the embossed gold crown logo. This brand is dedicated to helping you get as regally elevated as Queen Victoria (who got down with her tinctures). The cart comes in a thick cardboard slip-case box with a custom cut foam insert that perfectly cradles it. The solid matte black and gold foiling feel sleek in my hands. My only qualm with the packaging: the bottom kept falling about a centimeter when held upright, leaving me worrying about security.
The WCC Skywalker OG oil comes in a glass tank with a sturdy metal construction. The mouthpiece has the crown logo and the brand initials embldazoned in gold. Simple and classy.
But here’s the biggest bummer for me: besides the social media plugs and branding, there isn’t much product info. It gives the net weight, strain name, mentions that it’s “Premium Nug Run,” and “Ultra Purified Premium Shatter Oil.” That’s it! Cannabinoid percentages? Not even THC. Ingredients? None. No batch number, manufacture date, best by date or lab test results. What’s in this thing became a bigger mystery than Murder on the Orient Express.
Quality, Ease of Use
Flavor-wise, I had reasonably high expectations. While I get subtle hints of pine and sweetness, it’s overwhelmed by an indescribable, inert flavor. From my experience, that’s usually a sign of a cutting agent like propylene or polyethylene glycol. Though it wasn’t intolerable, there are tastier, distilled cartridges on the market.
Compatible with all standard 510 threaded pen-style vapes, this vape offers extremely smooth hits. However, I wasn’t able to get a consistent cloud of vapor from the oil, which is unfortunately dark and incredibly thin. It’s actually the thinnest oil I’ve reviewed so far (and I’ve reviewed a lot).
Potency, Effectiveness & Affordability
I was pretty disappointed in Skywalker OG vape’s potency. Since WCC is known for having awesome concentrates, I naturally assumed their vape cartridge would be filled with something special. I was wrong. Not only did it look and taste like it contained a high volume of cutting agents, but the effects were at best mild and unreliable. I was hoping for something more heavy-hitting. I felt a slight difference, but nothing to make me say “I feel high.” If you have a low cannabis tolerance, you may find this does something for you. If that’s the case, let me know.
With the first few puffs, I got a lot of crackling before the oil settled. That makes me assume I purged the rest of their solvent off – into my lungs. I taste a bit of the terpenes on my first two drags, then the taste becomes too subtle to notice. Plus, I had trouble getting a solid hit.
For around $30, I wouldn’t buy this again. In my opinion, the high-quality packaging is worth more than the oil it’s housed in. I was quite disappointed. Check out Honey Vape’s superior Skywalker OG cartridge for just $5-10 more.
Nugg Score: How the Nugg Team Rates This Product
- Casing is sturdy, golden and clean. Very classy.
- Slipcase within has a foam bed to make sure the cartridge stays stationary. However, it isn’t that secure.
- Basically no product information besides branding and the strain name.
- No specific details about the cartridge and what it’s made of.
- Needs much more transparency.
Cartridge Quality: 3/5
- Minimalist construction.
- High-end looking metal mouthpiece stamped with the brand initials and logo
- Inconsistent vapor clouds.
- Initial pulls were flavorful from those amazing Skywalker OG piney terps but were quickly replaced by a bland nothingness that makes me think some not-so-great additives are also in there.
Vapor Quality: 4/5
- Aside from the initial solvent burn-off, the draws felt clear and even.
- Tough to get a consistent-sized cloud from puffing.
Oil Quality: 1/5
- Oil is too thin and dark to trust WCC’s branded “ultra-premium” claim.
- Believe there’s some other unknown ingredients within.
Ease of Use: 4/5
- Relatively easy to use with any 510 threaded battery; just twist on a battery pen and vape.
- Effects were milder than I’d want from a WCC product and Skywalker OG strain.
- Felt a slight difference but nothing that made me feel “high.”
- Effects really varied, maybe due to the oil’s subpar quality.
- Not worth $30 for the mild effects and lack of product and testing info.
- Seems like the high-quality packaging is worth more than the actual oil inside.
- I wouldn’t buy this product again.
Overall Rating: 2.6
With the unclean taste, oil’s runny nature, low potency and lack of product info, I wouldn’t recommend this Skywalker OG WCC cartridge. Disappointing, as the brand produces quality concentrates. To quote one of the wisest women in modern history: “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
Nugg is the "GrubHub for marijuana." Our site lets medical marijuana patients order online from dispensaries that deliver to them. Signup with the code BLOG20 for a $20 credit on your first order!